SLY Profit Paintball Mask Review
Manufacturer: SLY Equipment
Get one: Compulsive Paintball
I will start this review out by saying that everyone has their preferences in comfort and style and that I will never give a false review about a product that I did or did not like. If I don’t like it, I will tell you that I didn’t and will tell you why. Period.
First and foremost, the mask was uncomfortable to me. That is the only reason why I didn’t like this mask. Comfort is important to me when I play paintball. I don’t want to be messing with my mask or have my mind on other things. I want my full focus to be how to place my next paintball on my opponent.
Here are the specs on the mask from the manufacturers website SLY Paintball:
- NEW 3M-Engineered sealed thermal gasket system. This new impenetrable thermal seal offers the ultimate seal against moisture and paint seepage between lens layers.
- Every SLY PROFIT Goggle System comes equipped from the factory with a thermal sealed, gradient lens, fading from a deep, rich smoke to crystal clear. This offers optimal shading from glare, UV, and infrared light at a distance, with crystal clear up close, downward vision for those tiny gun LCDs or your game timer.
- Velvet lined, soft cell foam atop molded impact absorbent SBR foam earpieces for that soft-ear bounce with pillow-like comfort. These earpieces muffle your own screaming and allow for superb directional hearing.
- Lenses and colors for every style and situation of play. Featuring gradient chromed lenses for those sunny days, with clear downward vision area for those pesky LCD screens and cell phones.
- Molded TPR vents for optimum heat dissipation and sound penetration.
- Clear lens available cloudy or rainy-day play (low-light conditions)
- Amber lens available for ULTRA low-light conditions (indoor or night play)
- Industry-first gradient mirrored lens, for those bright, eye squinting summer practices where you still need to see up close.
- Available in a variety of colors and finishes
Like I stated above, the only reason I didn’t like this mask was because it was not comfortable. I will explain why.
- The mask didn’t feel like it fit on my face right
- The ‘soft ears’ felt like they were draining the life from my brain (didn’t like the fact that they went into my ears slightly)
This is a big problem for me, especially when the price range of this mask is right up there with the DYE i3. The DYE i3 was far superior to this mask. You may like it and you may not. This is my personal experience with this mask. If you want to get this mask, I suggest going to your local paintball retail store and trying it on first. Make your decision only after you do this. Some people are liking the feel of the mask. Some are not.
Bottom Line: Try this mask on before you purchase it. Based on personal preferences, this mask was not comfortable and based on the claim of 2 years of development, I think SLY fell a bit short and I don’t think they revolutionized the paintball mask just yet